Tuesday, May 6, 2008

DAY 15: Tuesday, April 29, 2008


Temperature Range: 100
Turned the eggs: 2 times – 10:00 am, 10:30 pm
Water added today: Yes

(Somewhere between Days 11 & 12 I got my dates messed up, but this blog entry has the correct date for the day of the week – the days of the week are all correct, just not the dates from yesterday back to day 12.)

The water is evaporating faster. A few days had gone between yesterday and the time before when I added water to the chambers, but I just added it yesterday and today it needs more. Now, I don’t wait for it to be dry to refill it. When I notice that the water level is low enough to add some water, then I add some warm water using a turkey-baster. We have to be very careful not to get any eggs wet. But the point here was just to mention that the water evaporated more quickly this time.

Egg #14 is a bit misshapen and leans very heavily to the narrow end of the egg. The shell feels much more rough than the others. It didn’t before, but it does now. Upon closer examination, it appears to have a small crack. I don’t know if it’s superficial or if it penetrates the shell completely. This is all a waiting game.

No comments: