Monday, May 5, 2008

DAY 3: Thursday, April 17, 2008

Temperature Range: 99-100
Turned the eggs: 3 times – 9:15, 4:45, midnight
Water added today: No

At times when we are rushed or when it’s late, I turn all the eggs without student assistance. “A” has Math Club on Thursday mornings, so we were in a bit of a hurry. I turned the eggs. Egg #25 dropped out of my hand as I was turning it. It didn’t crack and it didn’t fall more than an inch, but it was sudden. I hope it didn’t hurt the embryo. Poor little chick.

In the evening, I was reviewing my notes for this project and realized that for a still-air incubator, I should have filled the inner-chamber with water, not the two outer-chambers. I don’t think it will make that much of a difference as long as I keep them filled. It was probably easier to fill the inner one and keep it full rather than the two outer ones. Leave it to me to make it more difficult!

No comments: