Tuesday, May 6, 2008

DAY 17: Thursday, May 1, 2008


Temperature Range: 98.5-100
Turned the eggs: 2 times – 9:15 am, 9:45 pm
Water added today: Yes

More eggs are looking misshapen. It’s really weird to see a section bulging out. Not like it’s going to crack, but just bulging.

Oh my gosh! At 3:00, I was getting ready to take “A” to piano lessons and the thermometer read 104!! How can that be? No one has touched it or even gone near it since this morning. How long has it been that hot? Just a few hours and it will cook the chicks. Oh man, All this, over two weeks, and we might have killed them all. I made an adjustment to the little stick of a gauge and checked it frequently after that. It seemed OK, but man am I a wreck now. We’ll just have to wait and see…

This evening we weighed the eggs again using the same 1 ounce container as before (weights indicated are after container weight was subtracted):
#14: 1.8 ounces (previously 1.75 ounces)
#22: 2 ounces (previously 2.25 ounces)
#27: 2 ounces (previously 2 ounces)
#34: 1.9 ounces (not previously weighed)

I really wish I had initial weights for them all!

No comments: